Our client, a renowned Multi Family Office in the heart of Zurich, ist looking for a Senior Investment Strategist/Economist who has a solid, cooperative, proactive character and personality. The person’s tasks requires diligence and reliability as well as good presentation skills.Your mission in this position includes the analysis, preparation and delivery of strategic and tactical views on economic and market related aspects. As a generalist, neither are there geographical boundaries nor is there a particular asset class bias. You are responsible for generating marketable investment ideas, primarily focused on funds or other commingled investment vehicles for equities, fixed income or commodity markets or dedicated investment themes. You are maintaining the Family Offices Recommended Product List and lead the corresponding due diligence process in selecting managers. You are actively involved in the client advisory service, through either guiding or educating our Client Relationship Managers on investment aspects, or being picked as an expert to discuss portfolios, economic /market views or investment ideas with clients directly.
The strategist will be a voting member of the Investment Committee. In this role, you will help preparing the necessary documentation with a focus on economics and will actively discuss macro and market-related issues.
What are we looking for?
The Senior Investment Strategist/Economist has extensive experience and knowledge in common macroeconomic concepts, financial markets and corresponding fundamental analytics as well as asset allocation. He/she has been in this role for an extended period. Skills in manager due diligence complement his/her role as a generalist. The strategist can express him/herself well in both written and oral form.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Global financial market analysis with a focus on implications for the recommended asset allocation with the aim to enhance future performance of client portfolios
- Voting member of the Investment Committee
- Maintenance of the investment process
- Production and communication of investment ideas and input concerning current investments and new investment opportunities in all asset classes
- Generating reports and communication material on financial markets, research findings and investment recommendations in written form
- Manager/fund analysis, selection, monitoring and reporting of recommended funds and potential new managers/funds based on regular conference calls and on-site visits (incl. ESG)
- Hosting regular weekly internal meetings to supply client relationship managers with newest market related trends, updated views, themes as well as recommended or advised products
- Advising existing clients on markets, investments and asset allocation as well as supporting CRM’s by providing extensive investment proposals for prospects
- Guide and support CRMs in sales activity & client advisory
We are looking forward to receive your application including your CV, reference letters and diplomas. Do not hesitate to get back to us in case of any further questions.